Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Year In Review

Well. Better late than never. I decided to write a "YEAR IN REVIEW".

First off I wanna say a HUGE THANK YOU to Danielle at Crayonbox Learning for this amazing blog design. She is so awesome. Go Check her out. :)

I moved to North Carolina on a whim last June. (I cannot believe it has almost been a year!!!)  I didn't know anyone, I didn't have a job, and I was basically leaving everything and everyone behind me back in St. Louis. I knew it was what I had to do, especially because the job market in St. Louis was not looking to be any better anytime soon. I was living here for a week when I was hired at The Bickett.  I was hired as a Resource Teacher, which was not my first choice, but I would be teaching so I didn't really care. Going into the school year in July was terrifying. I knew not a single person, I was learning an entirely different curriculum, and let's be honest, writing IEP's with a whole new system was just a monstrous task. There were days I came home and cried because I didn't think I was gonna make it, but the kiddos at the school were the reason I was there. This school year was constantly changing. From a new school wide discipline system, to a constant revolving staff, to kids coming and going all year long. I sat in staff meetings almost weekly. I sat in Special Ed. team meetings weekly. I had IEP meetings at least 3 times a week and on top of that I had County Wide Elementary and Special Ed meetings too. I literally lived at the school.  But it all has made me a stronger person and I can safely say that if I survived a year at the school I work at, with all the changes, I can survive anything!! I cannot thank all the people at the school (the good and the bad) for making this year everything it was. I think you have to take the bad with the good and believe me that I did.  I know for next year things I am going to do different and things I will never try again. I hope for next year to help other people out the way they have helped me. TPT is my goal. For now, I am going to enjoy the short but sweet 5 weeks of summer I have. And of course play around on Pinterest. What else would I do? ;) I hope you all enjoy your summer!

2 comments:

  1. The blog is cute, Ashleigh! I know you will be adding me to your blog roll, haha! ;) Seriously, you are gonna be great next year. After making it through year one at the Bickett you can do anything!!

    Jen's Kinder Kids

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks lady! You are there. It just takes me awhile to figure it all out haha. :) Feel free to tell all your bloggy friends about me next year!! :)

    ReplyDelete